Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Shared Burden...[you are not alone]

Greetings, again, in Jesus Name!

I would like to share a thought and a little study I did for our Wednesday Evening Bible Study. Interestingly enough the original idea came for a comment left for the post "spiritual journey part two". Then after a couple days of thought and prayer, Jesus directed me to this verse, and the ensuing thought.

Matthew 11:28-30 [KVJ]
Come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This verse has been a promise verse for many people who are hurting, downtrodden, depressed, sick, alone, tired etc.... Yet with in the words of this verse is a truth that is more meaningful than this translation an give.

I have done an individual word study on these verses, and will endeavour to simplify it for sake of time, space and ease of understanding.
(Here is the rough transliteration of these verses. Let the message reach into your spirit!)

Come to me everyone who is growing weary, and upon whom a load is being placed, and I will give you a break from your labour.
Take upon your shoulders my yoke which I have already lifted up, and am wearing, and learn by following my example.
For I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your life and soul while doing your work (labour).
Because my yoke is useful and kind, and my invoice
(translated burden in KJV) is light weight.

What is the point or message of this verse? We are sharing Jesus' yoke. We are trading our weights, sins, burdens, problems, and cares in. Then Jesus brings us close to him and put his yoke on our shoulders, and we walk side by side with him!

Jesus said, "I am come that you might have life, and (not just any life but) life more abundant"

Philippians 4:6,7
"Be careful (or anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests by made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus!"

When we cast all our cares upon Jesus, he takes our load off, and puts a portion of his load on us, and we walk together sharing our burdens! Isn't it great to know that you can share your burdens with Jesus!

Hope this thought finds a place in your heart!

Yours for Christ,

Pastor Fred

1 comment:

Rick Zelinsky said...

Greetings from Winnipeg at The Salvation Army Training College. Good to read your blog. Thanks,
Rick

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!