Thursday, November 30, 2006
The Bible tells us in Thessalonians, "in everything Give Thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus Concerning you!" I realized something today in the midst of all the hustle and bustle that we ought to remember to thank God for the good days, and during the bad days remember the good ones so we can find something to thank God for!
I'm not too much into "positive thinking", however, I've learnt that if you set your mind frame to think joyfully, thankfully, and in a positive and cheerful maner that the day usually turns out much better than if you don't really determine to look at life any particular way.
We all know that a grumpy person tends to get grumpier, so that same should hold true for that of a person with a thankful and cheerful outlook on life!
So, here is my challenge to you! Instead of just letting life slip by tonight and tommorrow change your frame of mind and be thankful in every situation, be cheerful, kind and curtious, and finally put a big smile one your face. Next, go out the front door, and go conquer your day in Jesus Name!
I Dare you to try this! I can garantee it will change your life! (PS> if it doesn't work for you, you've missed something very important so go back and try again!)
Yours with a thankful heart!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Today we went into Grand Falls-Windsor, a city near our town, to get my son circumcised, and while there I went and picked up the few things that I needed for a couple jobs I've got coming up. It is amazing what can put a wrench in your plans. It usually isn't something big, but rather the small things. I had all the "big stuff", but a couple small things I'd forgotten and because of it, I had to wait a few days!
In life the same holds true; preparation is definitely the key to success! Many times it is the little things that we didn't take into consideration that causes us to fail and not succeed.
A relationship with Jesus is the same. So many people over look critical things because they seem small to the nonspiritual mind. Yet, in the eyes of Jesus those small things are just as important as the "big stuff". If you are not completely prepared as Jesus says in the word of God, then you are not prepared at all, and you will find it very difficult to follow Jesus; especially in the hard times.
But if we are prepared and have searched the scriptures daily we will find that Jesus is ever true and faithful, and never far from anyone of us! Preparation is the key! Don't miss out on Heaven because of a small detail! Make sure you are ready today, now!
Yours for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ,
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Beware of this deadly trick. It has the ability to ruin your life in the matter of minutes!
For example, last night for no real apparent reason my temper just blew up! I got a bit nasty with my kids for a bit until I realized that I don't act like this. Normally I'm pretty calm, and my tempt takes along time to blow if ever. I began to rebuke this state of mind, and pray in Jesus Name, and it wasn't very long until I was at peace again and calm.
If during the run of a day you begin to think weird stuff, things that you normally wouldn't, try talking to Jesus about it. He has this amazing ability to turn your life around, and calm your mind and spirit! Cast all your care upon Him for He Cares for you!
Check what's on your mind, and steer clear of the devils devices!
Yours for a peaceful mind,
Monday, November 27, 2006
This world's idea of peace if quite screwed up! We try to force peace at the end of a gun barrel, instead of trying to change to people we are "fighting for". Peace doesn't come from outside forces it comes from within the soul and spirit of a person.
Jesus came to this world not to force peace on all mankind, but to show us the way of peace on an individual basis.
Joh 10:7-11 Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. (8) All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. (9) I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture. (10) The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. (11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.
Joh 16:33 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
It is Jesus who brings true peace to our soul and spirit. It's His Spirit living in us that transforms us from hateful, dishonest, hurtful, deceitful to loving, kind, gracious, peaceful, joyful people.
It is difficult to be at peace with this world until you are at peace with God and yourself first!
Let the peace of Jesus wash over you today, and help you change your world one soul at a time!
Yours for Peace,
Sunday, November 26, 2006
In Luke 2:7-20 we have another kind of cry! A baby is born! Jesus is Alive! the Lamb of God has come to take the sin of the world away!
Allow me take a couple minutes to bring these two scriptures together.
As the High Priest entered the Temple and moved into the back room called the Holiest of Holies, all the people would gather around the temple to listen, and see if their scarifies were going to be accepted. They would listen to the tinkling of the bells as the High Priest walked through the tabernacle. If the bells stopped making noise that meant the High Priest was killed as their offerings where not accepted. If, on the other hand, the offering was accepted it seems that the High Priest would begin to dance for joy. The sound of the bells would gradually get louder and louder, and the people would rejoice for their sins were forgiven for another year!
Enter Jesus, the Lamb of God. That night about 2,000 years ago a cry pierced the darkness. A young lady was in labor, and feeling the pain. A while later another cry was heard: the Messiah was born -- Jesus was Alive! In the hills on the outside of town shepherds where watching their sheep. Suddenly the sound of Angels voices! They where declaring the birth of the Messiah, and praising God! The shepherds went to town and found Jesus just like the Angel had said! They left with their mouth filled with praise!
The sound of the Bells, and the praise of the Angels and shepherds are much the same! As a matter of fact I believe that any praise to God from anyone is like the tinkling of the bells: the Sound of life!
We praise Jesus because He has once and for all taken away the stain of sin from our lives. He has forgiven us, washed us, cleansed us, and put His spirit inside of us! We worship as the High Priest did, because we are forgiven and redeemed!
Let your praise ring out as the bells of old! Let the Sound of Life flow from you!
(for more on this, and a sermon outline go to our district website:
Friday, November 24, 2006
How you get up in the morning can determine how you spend the rest of the day. If you wake up grumpy it can be most difficult to put a true joyful smile on you face. Unless of course your boss gives you a 25% raise, your wife cooks our favorite breakfast, or you win the lottery! (you get the point!)
My suggestion this morning, and a lovely one it is, is to make up your mind first thing that your are going to have a great day, and you most definitely will! Determine that nothing is going to give you the blues, make you upset or cause you loose your temper. When you make this kind of resolution, and then ask Jesus to give you a helping hand there isn't anything that can stop you!
And if you like good music tune into www.klove.com for you listening pleasure, and it will help make you smile, and even laugh throughout your day!
God Bless and Happy Mood Change!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
- God never lets you go without a fight!
- Jesus is the hound of heaven who will fight all hell for you!
- I FLED Him down the nights and down the days
- I fled Him down the arches of the years
- I fled Him down the labyrinthine ways
- Of my own mind, and in the midst of tears
- I hid from him, and under running laughter.
- Up vistaed hopes I sped;
- And shot precipitated
- Adown titanic glooms of chasme d hears
- From those strong feet that followed, followed after
- But with unhurrying chase
- And unperturbèd pace,
- Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
- They beat, and a Voice beat,
- More instant than the feet:
- "All things betray thee who betrayest me."
- I pleaded, outlaw-wise,
- By many a hearted casement, curtained red,
- Trellised with inter-twining charities,
- (For though I knew His love who followèd,
- Yet was I sore adread,
- Lest having Him, I should have nought beside);
- But if one little casement parted wide,
- The gust of his approach would clash it to.
- Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue.
- Across the margent of the world I fled,
- And troubled the gold gateways of the stars,
- Smiting for shelter on their clangèd bars,
- Fretted to dulcet jars
- And silvern chatter the pale ports o' the moon.
- I said to Dawn: be sudden, to Eve: be soon,
- With thy young skyey blossoms heap me over
- From this tremendous Lover!
- Float thy vague veil about me lest He see!
- I tempted all His servitors but to find
- My own betrayal in their constancy,
- In faith to Him their fickleness to me,
- Their traitorous trueness and their loyal deceit.
- To all swift things for swiftness did I sue,
- Clung to the whistling mane of every wind,
- But whether they swept, smoothly fleet,
- The long savannahs of the blue,
- Or whether, Thunder-driven,
- They clanged His chariot thwart a heaven,
- Plashy with flying lightnings round the spurn o' their feet --
- Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue.
- Still with unhurrying chase
- And unperturbe d pace
- Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
- Came on the following Feet,
- And a Voice above their beat --
- "Naught shelters thee, who wilt not shelter Me."
- I sought no more that after which I strayed
- In face of Man or Maid.
- But still within the little childrens' eyes
- Seems something, something that replies,
- They at least are for me, surely for me!
- I turned me to them very wistfully;
- But just as their young eyes grew sudden fair
- With dawning answers there,
- Their angel plucked them from me by the hair.
- "Come then, ye other children, Nature's -- share
- With me" (said I) "your delicate fellowship;
- Let me greet you lip to lip,
- Let me twine with you caresses,
- With our Lady Mother's vagrant tresses,
- With her in her wind-walled palace,
- Underneath her azured dais,
- Quaffing, as your taintless way is,
- From a chalice,
- Lucent weeping out of the dayspring."
- So it was done.
- I in their delicate fellowship was one.
- Drew the bolt of Nature's secrecies,
- I knew all the swift importings
- On the wilful face of skies,
- I knew how the clouds arise,
- Spumèd of the wild sea-snortings.
- All that's born or dies,
- Rose and drooped with, made them shapers
- Of mine own moods, or wailful or divine.
- With them joyed and was bereaven.
- I was heavy with the even,
- When she lit her glimmering tapers
- Round the day's dead sanctities.
- I laughed in the morning's eyes.
- I triumphed and I saddened with all weather,
- Heaven and I wept together,
- And its sweet tears were salt with mortal mine;
- Against the red throb of its sunset-heart,
- I laid my own to beat
- And share commingling heat;
- But not by that, by that was eased my human smart.
- In vain my tears were wet on Heaven's grey cheek.
- For ah! we know what each other says,
- These things and I; In sound I speak,
- Their sound is but their stir, they speak by silences.
- Nature, poor step-dame, cannot slake my drouth.
- Let her, if she would owe me,
- Drop yon blue bosom-veil of sky, and show me
- The breasts o' her tenderness;
- Never did any milk of hers once bless
- My thirsting mouth.
- Nigh and nigh draws the chase,
- With unperturbèd pace,
- Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
- And past those noisèd Feet,
- A Voice comes yet more fleet:
- "Lo, naught contents thee who content'st nought Me."
- Naked, I wait thy Love's uplifted stroke!
- My harness, piece by piece, Thou hast hewn from me
- And smitten me to my knee;
- I am defenceless, utterly.
- I slept methinks, and woke.
- And slowly gazing, find me stripped in sleep.
- In the rash lustihead of my young powers,
- I shook the pillaring hours,
- And pulled my life upon me. grimed with smears,
- I stand amidst the dust o' the mounded years--
- My mangled youth lies dead beneath the heap.
- My days have crackled and gone up in smoke,
- Have puffed and burst as sun-starts on a stream.
- Yeah, faileth now even dream
- The dreamer and the lute, the lutanist;
- Even the linked fantasies in whose blossomy twist,
- I swung the Earth, a trinket at my wrist,
- Are yielding: cords of all too weak account
- For earth, with heavy grief so overplussed.
- Ah! is thy Love indeed
- A weed, albeit an amaranthine weed,
- Suffering no flowers except its own to mount?
- Ah! must --
- Designer Infinite --
- Ah! must thou char the wood 'ere thou canst limn with it ?
- My freshness spent its wavering shower i' the dust.
- And now my heart is as a broken fount,
- Wherein tear-drippings stagnate, spilt down ever
- From the dank thoughts that shiver
- Upon the sighful branches of my mind.
- Such is; what is to be ?
- The pulp so bitter, how shall taste the rind ?
- I dimly guess what Time in mists confounds,
- Yet ever and anon, a trumpet sounds
- From the hid battlements of Eternity.
- Those shaken mists a space unsettle,
- Then round the half-glimpseèd turrets, slowly wash again.
- But not 'ere him who summoneth <dt> I first have seen, enwound
- With glooming robes purpureal; cypress-crowned.
- His name I know, and what his trumpet saith.
- Whether man's heart or life it be which yields
- Thee harvest, must Thy harvest fields
- Be dunged with rotten death ?
- Now of that long pursuit,
- Comes at hand the bruit;
- That Voice is round me like a bursting sea:
- "And is thy Earth so marred,
- Shattered in shard on shard?
- Lo, all things fly thee, for thou fliest Me.
- Strange, piteous, futile thing;
- Wherefore should any set thee love apart?
- Seeing none but I makes much of naught" (He said),
- "And human love needs human meriting;
- How hast thou merited --
- Of all Man's clotted clay, the dingiest clot?
- Alack! Thou knowest not
- How little worthy of any love thou art!
- Whom wilt thou find to love ignoble thee,
- Save Me, save only Me?
- All which I took from thee, I did but take,
- Not for thy harms,
- But just that thou might'st seek it in My arms,
- All which thy childs mistake
- Fancies as lost, I have stored for thee at home --
- Rise, clasp My hand, and come."
- Halts by me that footfall --
- Is my gloom, after all,
- Shade of His hand, outstretched caressingly?
- "Ah, fondest, blindest, weakest,
- I am He Whom thou seekest!
- Thou dravest love from thee, who dravest Me."
- Francis Thompson
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
However, there is a better way to approach life: "Believing is Seeing." What? You want me to believe in something before I'll see it? In a manner of speaking, yes! The Bible doesn't start with a dissertation about why or why not to believe in God, creation and spiritual things, it just makes a simple, complete declaration. God expects us to believe that He is. No display of power (other than the creation of the universe). No physical form. Just a declaration.
Let me put it this way. If you do not believe that God is, that God loves, that God is interested in every part of your life, then you are not likely to see the many ways that He interacts with you, blessing you, helping you, saving you.
Have you ever encountered a "miracle", something that was not explainable, but you are still alive because of it today? Have you ever had a close shave? These are all times when the Almighty God sent His angels to minister life to you! He cares about you and wants you to meet with Him personally, and He will do anything to lead you to His side.
Have you ever gone through something in your life that was really rough? A sickness, trouble at work, family problems or other such pain? Many times this is God trying to wake us up and bring us close to Him. During a time like this have you ever called out for help, asked "why me" or prayed. This is exactly what Jesus wanted. He wants us to know Him, and often the only thing that will open our eyes to the truth is pain.
In closing, just remember that sometimes you must believe in something before you can really see and understand it. "Believing is Seeing!"
Yours for Christ,
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Phi 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice. (5) Let your forbearance be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. (6) In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
Phi 4:19 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Rejoice : Means "to be happy, to be well, to thrive, to be glad, and to rejoice exceedingly."
- Moderation/Forbearance : Means "that which is appropriate, mild (mannered), gentle, equitable, suitable and fair." (related to self-control).
- Careful/Anxious : Means "to be troubled with cares, to care for (as in looking out for a thing/person), to seek to promote one's interests, and caring or providing for."
- Need : Means "employment, needs, necessities, occasion, demand, requirment or destitution."
Do you remember as a child being around senior citezens or your grandparents? They always seemed to have something in their pockets or purse to give you! They had some kind of treat whether a piece of gum, candy or a bar. It was always enduring, and you remembered who usually had a treat to give!
I. We often short change our blessings by short changing other people in need.
In verse "19" Paul is declaring the blessings of God upon a group of people. So often we too claim this verse as our own promise out of trouble. However, we often miss the punch line!The Philippian Church was a rather poor church, but they always dug deep and gave extra. They travelled great distances to supply the needs of Paul their founder and leader. It seems that when no one else was giving the Philippians gave all the more.
Phi 4:14-18 Howbeit ye did well that ye had fellowship with my affliction. (15) And ye yourselves also know, ye Philippians, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church had fellowship with me in the matter of giving and receiving but ye only; (16) for even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my need. (17) Not that I seek for the gift; but I seek for the fruit that increaseth to your account. (18) But I have all things, and abound: I am filled, having received from Epaphroditus the things that came from you, an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well-pleasing to God.
Because they didn't regard their own misfortune and destitution, but gave willingly to the cause of Christ, they were going to be rewarded with a great blessing and provision from God!
So Often as Christians, and even those outside the Church give, because we know that we will receive a blessing in return. WRONG ANSWER! We should be ashamed of ourselves! We must change our way of thinking. We must not give to get, but rather we must give to bless others, and the work of God willingly, without thought of return!
God Loves a Cheerful giver!II. Anxiety and worry often thwart our best efforts to live within the kingdom and according to His will!
Have you ever worried when the next bill was going to be paid? Have you ever been anxious about when you where going to get more groceries? Have the welfare of your families ever been a concern for you?
Too often we base our feelings and opinions on the circumstances around us, and by what we can see! However, my jesus is bigger than all your fears, worries, cares and troubles. We often let life dictate our fears, but let us learn to cast all of our cares on him for He truly cares about us!
I'm not telling you to quit your job, to stop providing for your family, or even to stop caring about your family, but I am saying we need to start learning to view things God's way!
As someone once said, "See a need, fill a need!" When we help each other out of love and compassion, with the purpose to further the kingdom of God. He steps in and fills your needs!
III. Yes, These two thoughts are part of the same truth!
When we stop worring about ourselves and leave it in His hands, we will begin to see other peoples needs too! We don't stop working and taking care of ourselves and families, but we do leave the worry behind. Do what you can and leave the rest up to Jesus! By leaving worry and cares with Jesus, he can then show us someone else in need. Using what you have fulfill that need, and Jesus in turn will show someone else you have a need and it will be fulfilled!
IV. Keep your attitude right!
(Read Matthew 6:24-34)
Mat 6:31-34 Be not therefore anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (32) For after all these things do the Gentiles seek; for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (33) But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (34) Be not therefore anxious for the morrow: for the morrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.A right attitude does not seek to promote itself, but rather seeks to promote Jesus and His kingdom first! How do you spell Joy?
Jesus Others You!When we learn to practise this proper attitude we are walking "in the light as He is in the light!" We are living by His commands, and we are His Children. Jesus knows how to take care of His children. He has a pocket full of treats for His kids!
Joh 15:9-12 Even as the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love. (10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. (12) This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you.When we trust fully in jesus, He will take care of us!
Saturday, November 18, 2006
We spend quite a bit of time teaching our children the value of prayer and that Jesus is always by your side read to help, and protect you. Once in a while we see the fruit of this labour in what they say!
My two older children love band aids and whenever one or the other gets a small cut or scrape they both "need" to have a band aid to cover their "blood".
Well my 4 year old has been developing a pimple on his nose for a couple of days, and today he finally noticed that is was there. He immediately started to complain about it and asked for a band aid. I told him that he didn't need a band aid and that it would go away in a couple of days. His simple straightforward response was profound, momentous and absolutely sweet:
"Jesus has a band aid for me. He has a band aid in his pocket."
Jesus does have a band aid in his pocket. He has something for everything we go through, do to our self, and for every time we slip up and fall. Jesus is always there by your side!
Jesus loves you more than anything and has a band aid in his pocket for you!
Yours for the Kingdom,
Sunday, November 12, 2006
In life there are many things which tug at us for our attention, however, many of those things are not as important as we make them out to be. So often, men, we spend our hours at work trying to make ends meet, and provide for the family, but we have forgotten one of the most important needs of our family -- YOU DAD! The family needs a father's touch, compassion, love, strength and presence. It isn't enough to just be around for a couple hours a day, and expect your children to understand what you are really trying to do. Kids don't care that you are trying to give them a better life than you had they just want YOU! Your wife may understand, but she doesn't care as much about a little hardship as you might think, what she really desires is your touch, voice and closeness!
Mar 12:29-34 Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one: (30) and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. (31) The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. (32) And the scribe said unto him, Of a truth, Teacher, thou hast well said that he is one; and there is none other but he: (33) and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is much more than all whole burnt-offerings and sacrifices. (34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
Ecc 12:13-14 This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. (14) For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
We value money, prestige, materialistic gain, but don't take time to realize - once you are dead and gone someone else will have everything you presently have. What is the real value in life? What is that thing that will help us find joy in what we do? What is most important?
Here is a few things I jotted down yesterday while thinking on this very thing:
- Learn from the mistakes of others so you can move on to more important lessons.
- Make a habit out of Pleasing God!
- We need to have an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
- We need to have an intimate personal relationship with our family!
- We should enjoy fellowship with friends, family, and visitors.
- Live a life that is pleasing to Jesus.
- Teach others to love Jesus.
- Teach your family Strong moral values.
- Love your spouse unconditionally.
- Love your children unconditionally.
- Do everything you do as if you are doing it for Jesus Christ.
- Love your life and the life of others.
- Budget your time and money, but give most of it to Jesus and to your family.
- If you make a mistake, don't let it keep you down, remember you are not alone, get up and never give up!
Don't ever let your life get away from you, find those things that are truly important and enjoy them! Don't let sickness or a near death experience wake you up!
Yours for Christ,
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
(this of course is my own personal spin and vernacular!)
So often we base our feelings, attitude and daily character on our circumstance, which are currently surrounding us. Due to this fact we are more often in an attitude of defeat, rather than sounding the trumpet of victory! We allow the attitudes, feelings and negative vibes that are around us to influence how we act. We should not let other people dictate to us how we should feel, act or live. We need to push past the negative and demonstrate our faith, love and worship to Jesus verbally, physically and emotionally! The trumpet of victory is always preceded by those who would try to stop moving forward, by murmurers, by wet blankets and other such negative influence. Yet, in the midst of all that there will be strong leadership that will urge us onward toward victory.
We can even learn to live in a spirit of victory! An attitude, which doesn't derive it's passion and emotion from the present circumstances, but rather feeds itself off of past victories, present faith and future hope! Don't let your circumstance dictate defeat, rather let your faith push you to certain victory!
Learn to make victory a habit!
Yours for the Kingdom of Christ,
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Greetings in Jesus Name!
The following is a message that I prepared for Sunday Morning November 5, 2006. The outline is rather short, and contains a couple word studies, however, I trust you will also get the message.
WHEN GOD RESPECTS YOU
And it came to pass in the course of those many days, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage. (24) And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. (25) And God saw the children of Israel, and God took knowledge of them.
In the King James Version of the Bible the phrase "and God took knowledge of them" reads "and God had respect unto them."
The words respect or knowledge are a hebrew word (yawdah) which means: to know. It means - "to perceive and see, find out and discern; to consider". It's Greek counter part (ginosko): to know means - "to be taking in knowledge, to come to know, understand, or to understand completely".
These words are often used in the sense of approving; and "because God knew" - had respect for and approved of, them, therefore He was determined to deliever them.
or as another comentary put it:
"God heard their crying, and remembered His covenant with the fathers: "and God saw the Children of Israel, and God noticed them." God's notice had all the energy of LOVE and PITY. He accepted them!
In Exodus 3:7,8 God investigated the cry He heard, and when He heard, saw, understood, and remembered He planned the best course of action to deliever.
One scripture tells us that God is looking for ways to bless us! He is searching out methods, plans which will benefit His people!
--> Sometimes this means we have to go through some nasty stuffy.
--> In this nasty stuff we are drawn to prayer.
--> When our cry reaches God, He begins to investigate!
--> When He understands and knows everything about our situation He acts accordingly!
Have you ever heard the statement, "I appreciate your situation...." That is kind of what God is saying to us. "I have heard what you are saying, praying and crying, and I appreciate what you are going through, now this is what I'm going to do about it!"
Let's look at a few other situations in which a cry came up before God.
-- Abel's Blood cried unto God for vengeance. God investigated and took appropriate action.
-- David made a regular practice of crying to God. Psalms 18:6
-- The wicked deeds and spilled blood of Sodom and Gomorrah cried unto God for justice, and He came down and investigated. Genesis 18:21; 19:13
-- Cornelius's Prayer built a memorial to God! Acts 10
When God has respect to you he investigates your need, sees what you are going through, understands how you feel, remembers the promise He gave you and plots the best possible deliverance for your situation!
It may take some time, but He'll be right on time. So, don't delay make your request known to God!
Let God know what you are going through, how you feel, and be thankful for what He has done, is doing and will do!
God bless you!
Saturday, November 04, 2006
When you develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the time of year we designate to celebrate his birth becomes extra special! We love to share, give, rejoice, love and sing about His coming from Heaven to Earth to show us the way!
During this time of seasonal Joy let the spirit of Christ and His coming wrap its warm arms around you, and lift you above your sorrows, strife, problems and stress! May you learn to have your own personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
Yours for the Kingdom of Christ,
P.S. If you'd like more information about having a personal relationship with Jesus please feel free to email me!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Adam and Eve where created by God as told in Genesis chapters one and two. Each day God would come down off His throne in Glory and visit with His creation. A relationship grew, and it seems that God chose the cool of the day for His visits.
In the mean time, Lucifer, who had been cast out of heaven, was planning an attack so daring it required his own personal touch, and not that of a lowly imp. He made his way into the garden enough times that, at least to Eve, he seemed to be familiar. When the timing was right, and Eve was passing near the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he tempted, beguiled and deceived her. She ate the forbidden fruit, and took a portion for Adam, whom she convinced to eat too.
There eyes where now opened to a whole new world of possibilities: Good versus Evil! Not only this, but they had sinned against God disobeying His one and only "thou shalt not."
Lucifer thought he had won, and for many centuries it seemed he had, but God told him, Adam and Eve that He would take this seemingly brilliant victory, and turn it against Lucifer. God was going to use the very thing, Adam and Eve, that Lucifer was using to get back at God, to redeem, save and bring humanity back into a divine relationship with Himself!
Gen 3:15 And there will be war between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed: by him will your head be crushed and by you his foot will be wounded
Sometimes you may feel like satan has won a victory over you, however, don't dispare God is still in control, and through Jesus Christ will turn that victory into a defeat! We are more that conquerors through Jesus Christ who loves us! Jesus is on your side so who possibly can be against you and win!
Yours for the Kingdom,
Bible Studies/Videos I've been working on:
- 5 Steps To Free Your Mind
- God's Plan of Approach: A study of Tabernacle Furniture
- Importance and Necessity of Water Baptism
- No Matter What Stay In The Fire
- Quick Fixes
- Shovel It over Your Shoulder
- Stewardship Part One: Time
- The Jeremy Foster Show
- The Name of God Revealed
- The necessity and Importance of the Holy Spirit
- VIDEO: A must see! Jason Sisco preaching "No Limits"
- What the Bible says about sin, the flesh and our Carnal Nature
Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests
- Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
- Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
- Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
- Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
- The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit
Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:
A Prayer for Canada:
This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!