In life there are many things which tug at us for our attention, however, many of those things are not as important as we make them out to be. So often, men, we spend our hours at work trying to make ends meet, and provide for the family, but we have forgotten one of the most important needs of our family -- YOU DAD! The family needs a father's touch, compassion, love, strength and presence. It isn't enough to just be around for a couple hours a day, and expect your children to understand what you are really trying to do. Kids don't care that you are trying to give them a better life than you had they just want YOU! Your wife may understand, but she doesn't care as much about a little hardship as you might think, what she really desires is your touch, voice and closeness!
Mar 12:29-34 Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one: (30) and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. (31) The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. (32) And the scribe said unto him, Of a truth, Teacher, thou hast well said that he is one; and there is none other but he: (33) and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is much more than all whole burnt-offerings and sacrifices. (34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
Ecc 12:13-14 This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. (14) For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
We value money, prestige, materialistic gain, but don't take time to realize - once you are dead and gone someone else will have everything you presently have. What is the real value in life? What is that thing that will help us find joy in what we do? What is most important?
Here is a few things I jotted down yesterday while thinking on this very thing:
- Learn from the mistakes of others so you can move on to more important lessons.
- Make a habit out of Pleasing God!
- We need to have an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
- We need to have an intimate personal relationship with our family!
- We should enjoy fellowship with friends, family, and visitors.
- Live a life that is pleasing to Jesus.
- Teach others to love Jesus.
- Teach your family Strong moral values.
- Love your spouse unconditionally.
- Love your children unconditionally.
- Do everything you do as if you are doing it for Jesus Christ.
- Love your life and the life of others.
- Budget your time and money, but give most of it to Jesus and to your family.
- If you make a mistake, don't let it keep you down, remember you are not alone, get up and never give up!
Don't ever let your life get away from you, find those things that are truly important and enjoy them! Don't let sickness or a near death experience wake you up!
Yours for Christ,