Thursday, December 03, 2009

Daily Bible Reading & Devotion -- Psalm 23 & 24

Good Morning World! Good Morning Brothers and Sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Yesterday was our first real snow day! Over 30 cm or 12 inches of snow fell in the night! We've had a few dustings of snow this fall, however, it has been relatively mild, and then the barometer flipped upside down and the cold wind blew down from the north!

Needless to say my morning yesterday was a little cramped for time, so I am going to include yesterdays reading with this mornings. God Bless.

December 2 & 3 2009

Psalm 23

As this is commonly called the Shepherd Psalm one can't help but feel extra secure after reading this chapter. Just knowing that Jesus is our shepherd watching out for us, and directing our path is a great comfort! Sometimes I wonder why I'm travelling the road that I'm on, but when I look back and see the blessing I've gained and the curses I've missed all I can do is praise Him!
Trust in Jesus and rest in His unchanging, unfailing arms!


Psalm 24

We've all heard songs taken from this chapter, and what a great worship song this Psalm makes! How well it goes with Psalm 23 too! Who better to be our shepherd than the one who owns the whole earth? Here we have another illustration of God's greatness and expectations of humanity. The question is raised as to how it will be possible to get into the presence of the Almighty, not just where we are, but rather where He is. The answer is very instructive: Those who have clean hands (don't sin outwardly), a clean heart (don't sin inwardly), no arrogance or pride, nor someone who has deceived another. A person with this resume will be a direct recipient of God's favor and blessings!

My next and final point is to ask another question. Who is able to attain to this tall order? The answer is very simple - NO ONE! That is why again I say - Look to Jesus the author and finisher of your faith! Without Him we are nothing, and can do nothing good. However, with and in Christ we can do all things!

I can be sinless inside and out through the salvation that Jesus Christ offers! I can live above the curse of sin through the infilling of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ living within me! I can overcome all sin that would come against me through the Name Of Jesus Christ that was put on me in Baptism when my sins were remitted!

If you would like to find this same peace and joy please call on Jesus today! If you need some spiritual guidance please email or call!

Have a great day!

Pastor Fred

No comments:

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!