Saturday, December 30, 2006

He Never Sleeps!

What in the world are you doing up at 5:50 am on a Saturday Morning?! Saturday is the day of the week that you're supposed to sleep in!

I was thinking this very thing this morning when I got up at 10 minutes to six. What? Yeah, I was up that early on a Saturday. I own a janitorial business, and I find that getting up early is easier than staying up late. And besides that I need to keep my customers happy, so I get up even on the days when I should be relaxing, and go to work.

While cleaning this morning the thought occurred to me that Jesus is much the same. He is the head of the Church; the people in this world who have truly obeyed the scripture and been born again of water and spirit. Jesus, the scripture tells us, is like a watchman on the wall; He never slumber nor sleeps. He is always looking out for His people. He never sleeps in. He never doses off, and misses a call. No, Jesus never sleeps! He is always on call. He Always is ready to take care of His own!

I'm so glad that I serve a God and Saviour that is on me side. Who always has me best interest at heart; even if I don't think so! Thank you Jesus for being with me through the thick and thin! Thank you Jesus for preparing the path before me, and ordering my steps! Thank you for never sleeping!

Yours for Christ,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!