"What are you doing about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ?"
"And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." Acts 11:26b
"...Follow in His Steps." 1 Peter 2:21-25
I have been on a quest. I have been seeking hidden treasure, but have only found questions. These questions need answers, and once answered will tell me if there is any treasure inside or not! I am referring to my own personal quest at self evaluation. This quest has lead to some very important findings about my inner person. (Once I've satisfactorily completed my quest I will share some of my findings.) For the purpose of this post I will focus on one particular question that arose:
"How Often Are You A Christian?"
We claim to be Christians, but how often does this fact show to those we meet everyday? How often are we actually practicing the character that Jesus displayed everyday? How often do we truly walk in Christ's footsteps?
"Do we think that we just are a Christian?"
Do men gather grapes from thorn-bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Fruit must be found on only its kind of tree or bush. You will never find plums on a blueberry bush or vis versa.
"Does a piece of fruit just happen?" "No! Of course not!"
- The tree must be watered and fertilized so that the proper nutrients are flowing.
- There must be enough sunlight and an appropriate temperature.
- This will help the tree to blossom beautiful flowers, but only if the above two options are met.
- There must be a transference of pollen. A. By Insects B. By Wind or C. By Self Pollination.
- There must be an adequate incubation time, which includes the right amount of water, fertilizer, sun and temperature!
- Finally over the course of a couple months the fruit will grow into maturity. This fruit will contain everything needed to reproduce the process all over again, or nourish another creature.
- Prayer and the Word of God are considered "spiritual water" in the scriptures.
- Bible Study and listening to Preaching are considered "spiritual fertilizer".
- The Light of the Holy Spirit of Jesus is "spiritual sunshine".
- Your relationship with Jesus Christ our Saviour is the fragile "spiritual blossom".
- The "spiritual pollen" is transfered by Christian fellowship and Training from the Pastor, Spiritual Leader or a Christian Friend. The Wind of the Holy Spirit, and Personal Devotions also play a very important role in this pollination process.
- Through a consistent regiment of all the above we can let our relationship "blossom" grow into a truly amazing and beneficial "spiritual fruit of the Spirit"!
"Let's look at some of Jesus Christs Character Traits!"
(Note: this is just a brief list as there are over 60 recorded traits...)
- Had righteous indignation
- Loved His Enemies
- Was Kind and Tender hearted
- Took care of people's needs, sickness and afflictions
- Healed ALL of the Sick
- Stood for Righteousness no matter the cost
- He could not be bribed
- He took time to pray
- He went to Church often
- He read the Bible (even though He was the Living WORD!)
- He took time for family and friends (and took care of their needs)
- He took a break (to relax and stay focused on His purpose)
- He fed the hungry
- He gave drink to the thirsty
- He gave to the needy
- He was a peace-maker
- He was passionate
- He was focused on the goal and purposes of His life
- He worked Hard
- He Obeyed (even to the cost of His own life!)
- Joy / Gladness
- Peace / Calmness of spirit
- Patience / Long suffering
- Kindness / Gentleness
- Goodness / Giving
- Meekness / Humility
- Self-control / Temperate
Abide in Jesus the Tree of Life! John 15:4, 5
Follow the steps to abundance that Peter pointed out should be in every follower of Christ's life:
2 Peter 1:5-12
- Faith / Assurance
- Virtue / Moral excellence
- Knowledge / Understanding
- Temperate / Self Restraint
- Patience / Stead Fast / Faithful
- Godliness / Devotion / Passion
- Brotherly Kindness
- Charity / Love
To give you a couple of starting tips here are some questions to ask yourself everyday, and whenever you have to make a decision in life:
- What Would Jesus Do?
- Is It Good For Me?
- Does It Glorify Jesus?
- Is It Profitable or Uplifting?
- Is It a Stumbling Block to my relationship or someone else?
- Will this become a weight and weigh me down?
Yours for a glorious relationship with Jesus,
Pastor Fred Grothe
PS> Enjoy this youtube Easter video. Let its message change your life!