Friday, November 16, 2012

Society Might bread laziness.

Good Morning World!

So, I think I might have figured out why we are breading a generation of lazy people.  This isn't necessarily 100% factual, but it is from my own personal experience, and therefore should have some merit.  Anyway, last weekend we went to the city for a doctor's appointment and to do some shopping.  My wife and I calculated the amount of money that we had available, and it wasn't much but it was more than usual.  So, we figured we had no worries, and while being frugal we would get what was needed, take our three oldest (who were with us) out for a nice lunch.  However, when we got to second store our account was dried up, and we had barely spent $200, which today isn't much.  So, leaving our treasures at the counter and being very frustrated we went to a bank to check out what was going on.  We had forgotten to account for our bi-weekly mortgage payment!  

I know that as a person who trusts in God and believes that all things work to together for the good of those who love God, I shouldn't have had a bad attitude, but it took a couple days and much prayer before I was even keel again!

So, with this story in mind, here is my premise:
How many times have you gone to pay for something only to find out that all your money is gone because someone has withdrawn it for you?  I know that as a parent my children do, on occasion, hear me grumbling about not having enough money.  They know that I work hard, getting up at 6am or before each morning to go to work.  Yet, for all my hard work I have very little to show for it, especially in my bank account!  Sub-consciously we are teaching our children that it doesn't pay to work hard, but rather that no matter how hard we work we will never get ahead.  Don't get me wrong I am teaching my children that working hard is good, but our grumblings and our complaints will get back to them, and the conflicting information will bother their little minds.  At the end of the day I see more and more young people entering the workforce, with little or no work ethic, and I believe this is why.

I am sure that there is more to it than this, but if we can learn to be content with what we have, and stop grumbling and complaining about our state our children would learn to do the same!

Yours for Christ,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!