Over the past few weeks I have been studying and teaching on the value of Pleasing God. In the next couple of lessons I will be showing us how to please God!
How to Please God: Part 1
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Pastor Fred's Transliteration:
1. We must find a way to be persuaded that He Exists.
2. We must find a means of conviction that He Exists.
1. I am persuaded that God exists from my upbringing and my own personal studies. Also, nature shows me that there is a God who is a magnificent creator.
2. I am convinced and convicted beyond doubt that God exists because of my own personal experience. A. God Healed me of Epilepsy B. God Healed many other people that I saw being healed. C. God filled me with His presence, and I know that He lives within me.
3. Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
A. We must be willing to hear and listen to a Word from God. This is something that speaks to you about a matter or topic in your life. That is the reason for the preacher; to bring life into your life for a specific purpose or reason. The preacher is a guide to lead you the Jesus Christ the Saviour, but he is not a professor to fill you with all the knowledge of God instantly. You can't handle all of God! The preacher gives you a word today, and another tomorrow and so on until you come to the knowledge of Christ. That is why faith is so important! We must have faith in Jesus that the word we received today will take us through until we receive the next word!
4. Without this kind of faith our spirit is weak and we are unable to do those things that please God.
Rom 8:5-8 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
The Carnal mind of mankind is so separated from God's ways that we can't even imagine them, and without even realizing what we are doing go to war against the ways of God. (No matter how good we think we are we just can't understand God from man's point of view.)
5. There is one thing that we must understand!
God will always reward those who seek Him out! He will always reveal Himself to you if you are willing to find Him.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Whenever we begin to get close to God He is always near to you and waiting for you to open your heart!
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jesus is always near to anyone if we will just seek Him!
6. We must believe that He exists!
The starting point of any journey is belief that you are going to reach your destination! We must have a basic understanding that God is out there!
If we can believe that there is a God out there we are on our way to pleasing Him!