Thursday, October 18, 2012

Living with the right attitude!

Good Morning World,

It has been a long time since I have taken time to share my thoughts with you, however, I feel like the time is ripe again to open myself up to you. Just maybe some of the Heavenly light of Jesus Christ will shine through and lighten your path!  Thank you again for reading and returning!

Today's thought:

Living with the right attitude!
This morning I was reading my Bible using my @youversion Bible app on my Android Galaxy Nexus (and listening), and the scripture reminded me of the importance of humility and repentance.  The scripture was Psalms 140-143.  The writer in these scriptures seems to be in a constant state of prayer and repentance, not because he was a sinner committing actions that displease God, but rather because he didn't want to do the things that were displeasing to God.  The writer does claim to be righteous, but in order to stay righteous he takes on an attitude that he is nothing and God and His ways are everything!

I really think that this is a right attitude to have!  We may be powerful in the standards of this world, but we may be nothing in the eyes of God.  If we realize that God is everything and we are nothing, than we are on our way to becoming something important and useful to the Almighty!

Let me share one of the verses that I read this morning.

Psalm 143: 10
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

And may we pray this same pray everyday!
Teach me to do your will; for you are my God!  Your Spirit is Good let it lead me into the land of uprightness (doing things right!).  In the Name of Jesus - Amen!

Yours for Christ,
Pastor Fred

1 comment:

Srk said...

Thanks for your grateful informations, this blogs will be really help for students blogs.

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!