Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I will Yet Praise Him! -- Daily Bible Reading -- Psalm 43

Good Morning World and Happy New Year!

While walking for a couple minutes, from the building I clean in the mornings to my van, I had an opportunity to worship Jesus for being so good!  It was amazing.  Just a couple of minutes of silence in the morning.  The air was finally still.  The sky was dark.  There was silence just before seven in the morning.  No matter what is going on, or what we find ourselves caught up in there is always time to praise the Lord!

Our chapter for the day says it best:
Psalm 43

The last verse asks the question, "Why are you cast down oh my soul? Why are you disquieted within me?"  Many times I'm sure that we all can ask the same question of ourself.  Life and time are cruel sometimes.  They wait for no one, and we can get run over.  David felt like this many times, but the last phrase of this verse sums up his outlook on life, "Hope In God: For I will yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."  No matter the darkness I will yet praise Jesus!  No matter the circumstance I will yet praise Jesus!  No matter the trial or turmoil I will yet praise Jesus!  No matter the blessing or goodness that befalls me I will yet praise Jesus!  No matter the sickness or healing I will yet praise Jesus!

Oh, My Soul trust in the Lord.  Hope In God for I will yet praise him.  I may feel self pity right now, but I will yet praise HIM!  There is something so wonderful about praising and worshiping Jesus even when the situation doesn't seem like that is an option.  The sacrifice of praise is something special, and I encourage you to find a quiet place and just worship Jesus in the midst of your storm!  You never know what earthquake Jesus will send to save you!

Yours for true praise,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!