Thursday, January 28, 2010

What Fixates You? Daily Bible Reading -- Psalm 57

Good Morning World!  No baby yet, but the day isn't over!  There is so much to be thankful for this morning as there is every morning.  Thank God for a good family.  Thank God for great friends.  Thank God for a great Church family.  Thank God for being a great Saviour who keeps His promises!

Psalm 57

This is yet another great song of trust and reliance upon Jesus who is our strengthener beyond our own abilities.  A verse caught my attention as I was reading, and I believe this may be a crucial point for every one who claims to be a believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

7My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.

 This to me is the reason David was able to make it through the many hard tiresome trials that his life lead him through.  What does this verse mean to you?  When you have your heart fixed upon something, what are you daily actions pointed toward?  When you truly desire something are your thoughts, words, and deeds different?

Of course they are.  You are pointed at that target and you mean business.  You want that thing and nothing is going to stop you from achieving that goal.  There is no mountain too high, nor valley too low.  You are fixed upon your target, and like a heat seeking or laser guided missile you will hit your target!


I wonder what would happen if we as believers would fix our eyes upon Jesus, and no matter what goes on around us, completely surrender ourselves to His unfailing love and direction.  David isn't painting a pretty picture in this chapter.  Rather His is rejoicing and praising God for His goodness and mercy in spite of the pain that he is facing.  When we are fixed upon Jesus nothing matters, and we will find the strength in Jesus to do anything!

Yours for getting fixed on Jesus!
Pastor Fred

 1Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
 2I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
 3He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.
 4My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
 5Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.
 6They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.
 7My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
 8Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
 9I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.
 10For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.
 11Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth. (Psalm 57, King James Version)

No comments:

Something to Laugh About!

Pastor Fred Online: Sermons & Puppets

Our Prayer Family: A List of Prayer Requests

  • Newfoundland & Labrador! That a wave of God's Spirit would flood this great province!
  • Your Neighbors, that Jesus would save their souls!
  • Springdale, Newfoundland: Pray that God's Spirit would awaken souls to their need of salvation and continued spiritual growth. Also, pray that Pastor Fred can teach many Home Bible Studies.
  • Pastor Fred and his family: Pray for Health, Strength, Inspiration, Revival and that God will lead him to many hungry souls
  • The Country You Live in: Pray for Salvation, Revival, Missionaries and the Moving of God's Spirit

Weekly Prayer for A Country on my counter:

Please pray with me for the country that is in focus each week. Thank You and may God richly bless your prayer life.


--------------------------------------------------


A Prayer for Canada:



This week Lord Jesus we bring the country of Canada. Let the revival of your Word and Name sweep across this vast dominion. Let all ethnic groups that now call this great land home become hungry for something more, and find YOU! Let the Church arise to become the bastion of Truth that it is meant to be. Let you people become the light and power that spreads your Gospel throughout all this land!
We ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ -- Amen!